The ~Why?~ of This Critical Instruction Pedagogy Site
Mind grammar is a state of mind. It can be called on at any time. When you want to share your thoughts critically with colleagues or students, you can verbalize them using mind grammar patterns of thought. Or, you can display them visually. As shown below, one such approach is to use a subject matter display.
One crucial test of a program that aims to engage subject matter critically, or to promote critical literacy, is the reasoning processes that form the mental foundation for classroom instruction and the writing of instructional materials. If no such reasoning process can be identified, or if one exists but cannot be used to examine its own structure critically and provide the mental foundation to formally think, read, and write critically, then the program does not represent a true critical instruction model/ learning/ literacy program.
Title: A Four-Stage MG2 Subject Matter Display of
Mind Grammar for Critical Instruction
(1) Subject Matter Objective [A subject matter objective addresses the “Why?” of a topic. In this case, the topic is mind grammar-based critical instruction.]
o Mind Grammar-based critical instruction is important because, for the first time, it provides teacher educators, school and college faculty, textbook authors, and all students with the means to engage in the formal, explicit, and critical explanation of how to connect and integrate the facts and ideas within any subject matter topic (i.e., comprehend), in ways that simultaneously develop in all students the ability to think, read, listen, write, speak, observe, and compute critically.
(2) The Process (Activities) for Achieving Mind Grammar-based Critical Instruction In Schools and Colleges
Use Critical Instruction Pedagogy in teacher education, classroom practice, professional development, research, studies, and educational materials authorship as follows:
As An Individual Educator
As an Individual Teacher Educator; School or College Faculty Member, Administrative Leader; Textbook Author; Academic Writer; Researcher; and School, College, or Graduate Student
– Learn and use the fundamentals of Dr. Maiorana’s mind grammar for subject matter engagement to speak critically for subject matter. The theory, principles, and instructional procedures of mind grammar are based on the natural science of how the human mind thinks and learns.
– Use mind grammar to formally and explicitly think, read, listen, write, speak, observe, and compute to gain understanding and comprehension when engaging new and revisited subject matter. Then, share and teach the same to all your students.
As a Profession
As Profession Whose Practice at All Levels and in All Disciplines is Still Defined by Self-Defeating Roteism Instruction
– Use Dr. Maiorana’s Core Body of Knowledge for Critical Instruction to transform the teacher education curriculum, school and college programs, reform programs, government regulations, and public and private grant-funding programs.
(3) Consequences of Mind Grammar-based Critical Instruction